The AMC-SCHOU cylindrical grinding machines are used in industries demanding the highest degree of accuracy and productivity. Manufacturers seeking higher levels of precision, smoother surface finishes, and greater overall productivity can achieve significantly improved performance by utilizing AMC-SCHOU’s cylindrical grinders.Request quote
- Travelling table design ensuring stability and accuracy for decades.
- Programmed through the Siemens 840D controller, allowing you to grind various surface contours such as cylindrical, parabolic, sine curves, crowns, convex and concave, radius, tapers, angles and multiple diameters.
- Siemens servomotors offering variable speed, high accuracy, low vibration and large torque also at low speeds.
- SKF high precision ball screws for X- and Z-axis ensuring smooth, accurate and trouble free movements of the antifriction covered table and wheel slide.
- SKF bearings in heavy-duty design in head- and tailstock ensuring smooth and trouble free rotation of even extra heavy work pieces.
- Hydrodynamic grinding wheel spindle ensuring no vibrations and no wear as the spindle is rotating on an oiled film. Runout less than 0.001 mm.
- All main components are made of high quality castings from well-established foundries. These are specially processed to avoid any internal stresses in the material ending up in machines that are entirely free of vibrations.
- Simple, stable design with very few movable components resulting in next to no downtime at all do to mechanical problems. Great savings on maintenance costs, as maintenance is limited to cleaning and lubrication alone.
- Max. distance between chucks: 2450mm, 96 inch
- Max. distance between centres: 2400mm, 94 inch
- Max. swing over table: 680mm, 27 inch
- Max. weight of workpiece between chucks: 2500kg, 5510lbs
- Max. grinding length: 2400mm, 94 inch
- Max. grinding diameter with new grinding wheel:610mm, 24 inch
- Table speeds: 1-5000mm/min, 0.4-197inch/min
- Headstock spindle speeds, variable: 2-500 rpm
- Headstock motor: 7kW, 9.5 hp
- Grinding wheel motor: 17 kW, 20hp
- New grinding wheel diameter: 813mm, 32 inch
- Max. grinding wheel width: 100mm, 4 inch
- Diameter of grinding wheel bore for hub: 305mm, 12 inch
- Max. tailstock quill: 70mm, 2.8 inch
- Working space (working machine): 7800x2900mm, 307x114inch
- Net weight of basic machine: 5300kg, 11684lbs
- Gross weight of basic machine: 6300kg, 13889lbs